9.02.2004

Kyoto Sensei... You crazy!

This new school year brought in a new Vice Principal at my school. In Japan, they refer to their Vice Principals as Kyoto Sensei. I'm not sure what Kyoto Sensei means exactly... that's just what we call him. Each week I try to make time to talk to Kyoto Sensei because... well, he's one of a kind.

One day Kyoto Sensei and I were talking about traveling and I asked him if he had ever traveled to America. He said that he had visited San Francisco once. I excitedly asked him where he had visited and what he did in San Francisco. He told me that he had visited Fisherman's Wharf and had crab (well, he actually said, "clab" and motioned two pinching peace signs as a crab would move his pinchers). He then told me that he got a t-shirt there that said, "I got crabs in San Francisco!" He was so happy when he told me this. He said, "Many people like my shirt. They always laugh and joke."

I bet they do.

So, I said "Kyoto Sensei, that's a great story. But I have a quick question for you, does the shirt say C-R-A-B or C-R-A-B-S?" He quickly responded, "Oh, it says, C-R-A-B-S. I. got. Crabs."

As I'm giggling, he's laughing. While he's laughing, I survey around the room to see if anyone else can hear this.

Nope. I'm officially alone on this one.

Kyoto Sensei then says, "My friend in San Francisco told me to get the shirt. Whenever I wore it, people really liked it. You think this is funny t-shirt, too?"

"Yeah, it's one of a kind, Kyoto Sensei! Just like you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home