4.12.2005

Spring Fever

Right now is Springtime in Japan. The cherry blossoms are out, the weather is warming up, and the animals are looking for love...

Last night I was at my friend Akiko's house, and we were sitting at the dinner table, enjoying some tea and just talking. As we were talking, her dog "Marble" came up to me and was looking for some attention... so I decided to pet him. He's a cute little beagle (my favorite) so I cupped his sweet little face with both hands and gave him a vigorous little ear and head scratch. He obviously liked it, because within 20 seconds he was on my leg... humping it!

As my face dropped, I started shaking my leg, and grabbing Akiko's arm, but couldn't find the words to tell her, "your dog is humping my leg!" in Japanese. So, I backed out my chair with my left leg while continuing to try to shake the little guy off my right leg... but he was DETERMINED!

Finally, Akiko figured out what was going on, got under the table and yanked Marble off my leg. She screamed, "skebeh" in Japanese which means, "dirty old man!" Then she smacked him on the butt.

Poor guy!

He didn't seem angry at all about the incident...

...he tried again about 10 minutes later. Persistent little guy!

The whole rest of the night, the "dirty old man" was giving me 'the look'.

Ah, what a way to bring in the Spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home