3.06.2005

Let's Go Crazy

For Christmas, my family gave me money for an ipod and this weekend I made the big purchase. Since Saturday, my days have been filled with music and its been amazing. Although, I think that I should have warned the neighborhood that I would be singing songs at the top of my lungs while riding my bike around town. Really. And, if any of you have heard my voice, you'll know why I should have apologized first...

My voice is so bad! In fact, while I was singing one time, a friend of mine asked, "Nicole, where's the money?" I thought and thought and thought, and didn't know what "money" he was talking about. So, I said, "money? What money?" He then said, "the money they gave you for voice lessons." Awwww. That's just plain mean. But, hey, the truth hurts, right?

As I was riding my bike to school this morning, I think I surprised a few people when I started belting out "Lets Go Crazy" by Prince. It started off with the infamous, "dearly beloved, we are gathered here today for a thing called life... the electric word life that means forever... and that's a mighty long time..." Did I skip that part? Oh, heck no. Did I do it in a deep, serious voice? Of course. The people waiting at the stop light with me just stared, politely. I never made eye contact, I didn't want to miss a beat. I just did my thing.

Then the light turned green and it was time to "GET CRAZY". I felt like a maniac, I was so happy and energized. It was like bicycle aerobics. My own spinning class. I was on fire!

Needless to say, I love my ipod. We go everywhere together. And, I should probably apologize in advance if I make an appearance in your neighborhood anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home